European Banking Authority Sets Out Its Work Priorities for 2019
10/23/2018The European Banking Authority has published its Work Programme for 2019, setting out details of, and planned main outputs from, 37 separate work streams across the following five key strategic priorities:
- Leading the Basel III implementation in the EU.
- Understanding risks and opportunities arising from financial innovation.
- Collecting, disseminating and analyzing banking data.
- Ensuring a smooth relocation of the EBA to Paris.
- Fostering the increase of the loss-absorbing capacity of the EU banking system.
The EBA also confirms that work related to Brexit will remain a horizontal priority for the EBA in 2019 and explains that the EBA's other activities may be affected in the future by Brexit-related developments. Should that be the case, any substantial change in the work programme will be communicated in due time, in order to seek steering and approval from its Management Board and Board of Supervisors.
View the EBA's 2019 Work Programme.
Return to main website.