Edinburgh Reforms: Changes to the Laws of the UK Financial Services Sector12/09/2022The U.K. Government has announced on a series of initiatives, billed as the Edinburgh Reforms, to reform the laws for the U.K. financial services sector. The proposals cover:
- Reforms to Ring-Fencing Regime;
- Implementation of Post-Brexit Financial Regulatory Framework;
- Growth and Competitiveness Remit for U.K. Regulators;
- Reforms to Wholesale Markets;
- Faster Settlement;
- Senior Manager's and Certification Regime;
- Changes to Promote Investment and Growth in Financial Services;
- Sustainable Finance;
- FinTech and Digital Assets; and
- Consumer Credit.
We discuss these reforms in detail and what they might mean for the direction of travel for financial services regulation in the U.K. in our client note, "UK Government Publishes Edinburgh Reforms for Financial Services".
Return to main website.
Financial Regulatory Developments Focus