2018 List of Globally Systemically Important Banks Published
11/16/2018The Financial Stability Board has published the 2018 list of global systemically important banks. Alongside the 2018 G-SIB list, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision has published further information relating to its 2018 assessment of G-SIBs, including:
- a list of all the banks in the assessment sample;
- the denominators of each of the 12 high-level indicators used to calculate the banks' scores;
- the 12 high-level indicators for each bank in the sample used to calculate these denominators;
- the cut-off score used to identify G-SIBs in the updated list and the thresholds used to allocate G-SIBs to buckets for the purpose of calculating the specific higher loss absorbency requirements; and
- links to disclosures of all banks in the assessment sample.
The Basel Committee assessment was based on its 2013 methodology for identifying G-SIBs. The revised 2018 assessment methodology will apply from 2021, based on end-2020 data and the corresponding higher loss absorbency requirements will apply from January 1, 2023.
View the 2018 G-SIB list.
View details of the revised assessment framework for G-SIBs.
Return to main website.